Product designers and engineers are looking for rapid prototyping services in order to speed up product development cycles. Addoptics offers smart manufacturing of optics as a service, so rapid prototyping for optics becomes a possibility. With our service you can have your optical prototypes quickly and affordably.
There are many ways an optic prototype can be manufactured. In the end it depends on the engineer’s requirements to determine which material and process is best suited for their optical products.
The benefits of rapid prototyping
There are numerous advantages to rapid prototyping.
- Explore and realize concepts more quickly. Efficiency in time and cost savings allow teams to move beyond visualization of a product, making it easier to have a tangible product to test the product properties and optimize the design.
- Iterative design approach. With rapid prototyping you can incorporate repeated changes that allow for optimal evaluation and testing of the product. This will help refine the final end product.
- Thoroughly test and optimize. With rapid prototyping you are able to detect and repair product flaws with a small volume run, this will save costs when moving to large scale production.
- Create novel designs. With rapid prototyping you can go from idea to working prototype in a short timeframe. This helps to communicate concepts more effectively and gives stakeholders a tangible product.
No tooling required. With most rapid prototyping services there is no tooling required. The same equipment is used to produce various prototypes. This helps to keep costs at a minimum.
If you want to stay ahead of your competition rapid prototyping is essential. Prototyping decreases the time it takes to develop optical prototypes and gets the final product to market faster.
With our unique service you are able to order the right amount of optical prototypes for your project. There are no high upfront investments or MOQs. There is no tooling or inventory required. As such costs are kept at a minimum. Prototyping optics with Addoptics enables you to have your custom polymer optics within days, instead of weeks.
Advantages of our rapid prototyping service:
- Iterative process
- Cost-effective testing and production
- Thoroughly test optical designs
- Seamlessly scale to series production
- Shipment in days instead of weeks
If you want to check out our optics for yourself feel free to request a sample, reach out to us below.
The Rise of Additive Manufacturing Additive Manufacturing (AM) uses CAD (Computer-aided-design) software to create 3D printed objects, which are built by layering super-fine deposits. Although this process has been around for decades, the recent boom of technology has...
In 2020, the augmented (AR) and virtual reality (VR) market was valued at $14.84 billion, and is expected to grow to $454.73 billion within the next 10 years. However, with recent software advancements within the industry, the projected growth is most probably higher....
We talk a lot about our process and capabilities, but what better way to show what Addoptics is capable of than with our sample lenses. Our process can manufacture lenses from 3mm all the way to 150mm; which can contain micro elements down to 0,1mm. ...