Addoptics B.V. is a high-tech scale-up that uses a combination of innovative 3D printing technology techniques and replication processes to reduce the delivery time for the production of custom lens prototypes from six weeks to six days. Addoptics distinguishes itself by fast lead times, being able to work with complex designs and seamless scalability to series production; all because of our additive manufacturing and replication process. We supply custom optics to companies within industries such as consumer electronics, automotive, medical and lighting.
We are growing fast! This means that we are looking for people who want to join us to the next phase, but who also strive for an even more efficient and effective process. As a 3D Printing Engineer, you are involved in the daily tasks of producing the various customer-specific optics and optimizing the process.
In this position, the focus is on managing all aspects of the printing process, such as assessing customer-specific designs, designing the print files and operating our custom 3D printer. There is a lot of variation between computer work and hands-on work and no day is the same. You will work for some of the biggest names in the consumer and tech industries, as well as start-ups with the most innovative designs. In this position, you must be a self-starter. Everyone works individually, but team input and collaboration is common. This makes it essential that you feel comfortable both independently and in a team. We are looking for someone who is driven to find solutions. You will be given the space and resources to set this up.
It is important to have a background in mechanical operations and design. It is also essential that you have experience with CAD design. Experience with 3D printers is an advantage, but we are open to starters with the right educational background and enthusiasm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the overall operation of the 3D printer to ensure production and performance;
- Reviewing and possibly modifying customer-specific design requests
- Designing the print files
- Operate the custom 3D printer independently
- Contribute to improving printing processes and recording production statuses
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Sciences (HBO) – mechanically related
- Industrial/product design experience
- Experience with the CAD program (fusion360, solidworks etc.)
- Experience with 3D printers is a plus
- Able to take initiative in a team with minimal supervision
- The ability to manage your time effectively and prioritize tasks appropriately
- Enthusiasm for short projects with a fast turnaround time
- You are not afraid to make decisions and take action.
- You are prepared to be trained as a Senior Operator / Team Leader.
- You feel at home in an international environment where English is regularly spoken in the office.
What we have to offer:
- Full-time job for 40 hours a week
- Career opportunities
- Competitive compensation for the right candidate
- Business laptop and gadgets
- 25 vacation days per year based on a full-time employment
- Pleasant working environment where your effort is appreciated and you get the opportunity to learn new things
- Monthly company drinks
- Working in the center of Rotterdam with a great view of the Maas in a young and dynamic company culture and atmosphere